Are you planning to get your little one a toy? How often have you stacked up either the soft toys or the trucks on the shelves as your child is no longer fascinated by playing with it? Well, have you ever given a thought that music could be the right pathway to keep your child engaged? Your toddler might me too small to learn a piano or a violin but you could any day introduce him to a toy drum set. Along with tapping on to his favorite rhythm, your toddler would learn a lot more other than just making a sound.
Here are some of the hidden benefits of a kid’s drum kit that are unleashed to you.
- Falls in love with music – The very first benefit of introducing your little one to a toddler drum set is that your child would fall in love with music. Music is one of the most essential things that a child needs to be introduced. This could probably be the first step of your child in becoming a musician. The basic beats played on the drum would make it very simple for your child to pick up the tough and hard beats of the other musical instruments such as guitar, keyboard, and flute.
- Develops motor skills – Right from holding onto the drumsticks to tapping and rolling on to the toy drum set, your child is learning and developing this that your way cannot imagine. The little superstar hitting on the drums is learning to tap and roll, and is also developing finger grip and fine motor skills that are a very essential part of development in children. His hands and little fingers become strong and the grip of his fingers drastically increases.
- Reduces stress – Who says children are not stressed? Kids have anxiety issues, stress, and fears just like any of the elders. The best medicine and cure for stress for any age group is music. Music can calm down the stress in the mind, keep one equipped and makes one happy and relaxed. This amazing therapy of music could be introduced to your little one in the form of a toddler drum set and you could see how your toddler prepares a way to be calm and free of stress without any help from you.
- Improves academic performance – The toddler’s drum set has the ability to help your child understand math better. On learning to count on the drum beats, your toddler can easily pick up counting. This can help him in his academics and also build in the hobby of becoming a music lover. Along with mathematics, your child can also become equipped in understanding a little of physics and also communication too. This is one major benefit that the drum set would bring.
- Improves listening skills – The toy drum set that you get for your little one makes your little superstar a keen listener. Your child slowly picks up the habit of carefully listening to the beats and closely observing the rhythm. With the toy drum set, your child becomes focussed and picks up the trait of being a good listener and a great observer.
- Learns to express – The last benefit that you would be reading about is one of the most important ones. Music and dance have always been two art forms that people choose to express. As your child grows up, he begins to use the pathway of music, rhythm and beats to express his emotions and anything important that he has to convey. This is an added advantage of introducing your child to music with the help of a kids drum set.
The right age for your little one to learn the drums could be just 3 years. Get your superstar a small toy drum set and watch him explore the different sounds that different drums make. This could be the right age for the new learner to pick up different sounds, differentiate them and create beautiful beats as he grows to become one of the best drummers.